We’re here to help!
Freephone within New Zealand: 0800 21 61 71
Freephone from Australia: 1800 45 62 72
International: +64 9 302 4139
Roadside Assistance (24/7): 0508 697 623
Skype Us: Escape Rentals NZ Customer Service
Escape’s opening hours are as follows:
Summer (01 September to 31 May) – Pickups are available between the following times :
- Monday to Friday 9am – 4pm,
- Saturdays and Sundays 9am – 3pm,
- Public Holidays 9.30am – 2pm.
We are closed on Christmas Day and New Years Day.
Winter (01 June to 31 August) – Pickups are available between the following times :
- Monday to Friday 9am – 4pm,
- Saturdays and Public Holidays 9.30am – 2pm.
- Closed Sundays
Pickups outside these times can sometimes be arranged for an extra fee ($125 – $175), but you’ll have to check if this service is available with us first. And you will be charged this fee in addition to your daily hire, so we recommend our campervan hirers spend the first night in a hostel or hotel before collecting your vehicle, particularly after a long flight. It’s safer, probably cheaper and this also addresses any issues that may arise from late flights or missed connections.
Depot Locations /Maps
How to get to our Depots
Auckland Depot: 61 The Strand, Parnell, Auckland 1010.
• If you are at the Auckland Airport, call ‘Discount Cab’s from a landline once you have collected your bags and cleared customs. Their phone number is +64 (9) 529 1000. We have a special deal and the cost is only $45 total (cash) for Escape clients.
• There is also the airport bus for $16 per person. Skybus departs the airport terminal every 15mins during the day (30mins overnight) and will drop you off down Queen Street or at the downtown ferry terminal at the bottom of town (we are about a five minute walk from there).
Christchurch Depot: 15 Kingsley St, Sydenham.
• There are a few options to get to the Christchurch Escape depot.
• From Christchurch airport, call Steve’s Shuttles on freephone 0800 10 10 21 once you have collected your bags and cleared customs. He’ll meet you inside the airport and drop you at our door – his prices are great too! (Cash only). Check Steve out on www.steveshuttle.co.nz
• Call First Direct Taxis – They have phones in the terminal labelled “First Direct Taxis” that you can pick up to order a cab, or simply call NZ freephone 0800 50 55 55. There is a fixed rate for Escape clients so please make sure that you confirm this over the phone.
• Catch the Christchurch Metro bus into town. The schedules vary so ask at the airport i-Site (info desk) if you need help. It’s likely you’ll need the No10 or No29 to get to us. It will drop you at the city centre bus depot. It’s then a 15-20min walk to us.
Escape Rentals operates in Auckland and Christchurch, but we may be able to arrange ‘remote depot’ facilities in Wellington or Queenstown also. If you need to pick-up or drop-off in Wellington or Queenstown, we may be able to arrange that for you, but the following additional charges will be applied:
• $800 additional fee for pick-up or drop-off in Wellington
• $900 additional fee for pick-up or drop-off in Queenstown.
The use of these depots is subject to availability and is entirely at the discretion of Escape Rentals. Sometimes, these fees may be reduced depending on the timing or length of your hire.
Submit your quote/booking request to find out if this is available, or check out domestic flight options to/from Auckland and Christchurch (there are many cheap fares available which should enable you to collect from our primary depots in Auckland and Christchurch).
For Travel Agents
If you’re a travel agent, inbound operator, wholesaler or online broker, we’d love to hear from you.
Escape has been operating successfully in New Zealand for over 10 years now. Our award winning campervans are amongst the most popular self-drive products in New Zealand. We are a regular finalist in the Golden Backpack awards and have just passed our most recent Qualmark assessment with flying colours (again!). So if you’d like to promote or work with Escape Rentals, send an introductory email to: email@example.com and let’s talk. We’d be keen to work with you.
Feel free to Download our Agents Manual for more information and if you need images for your own website or brochure, feel free to use those featured in the ‘High Resolution Images’ section of our Gallery.
Both Auckland and Christchurch depots have great deals and options for transport to and from the airport.
click here for more info.