Escape Rentals is Open for Business!
On Thursday 14th May, New Zealand moved down to ‘Lockdown Level 2’ which affords us all far more freedom to get about and do the things we want – Provided we do so responsibly of course. For Escape Rentals, it means we’re once more open for business. Great News!
But whilst we are open for business, it is not business as usual.
Instead, we are introducing new measures to our campervan ‘check out’ and ‘return’ procedures to ensure we meet the government’s safety guidelines, whilst also protecting our hirers and staff. So if you’re thinking of hiring a campervan with Escape Rentals or you’ve already booked with us (thank you) please note the following:
- Campervan collections will be by appointment only. This is simple to do and can be arranged when you make your reservation using our online booking portal or you can liaise with us via phone or email. We’ll do our best to meet your requirements, but we are introducing this measure to…
- Ensure we are appropriately resourced and prepared for your arrival e.g. We will be disinfecting our customer service area after each check out.
- Make sure we adhere to social distancing requirements by scheduling ‘pick-ups’ and ‘drop offs’ at staggered intervals.
- ‘Contact tracing’ is really important and whilst we’ll have most of your details on file, we will also need a New Zealand contact number. We can provide you with a NZ SIM card if required (free).
We’ll also be requesting information about your current health status and your travel history prior to arriving at our depot.
- We’re taking extra time to groom and disinfect our campervans. All of our linen is hot washed by a professional laundry company also, but feel free to bring your own too (provided it is clean also and has not been used at a backpacker hostel prior).
- When you’re traveling throughout New Zealand, we want you to have a fantastic time, but we also want you to be safe. Please adhere to the rules and/or restrictions in place with any attractions or activity operators. You’ll probably need to book many of these in advance, so plan your travel and allow plenty of time. Also make sure you have comprehensive travel insurance which will cover you in case there are any delays.
These are challenging times for all of us, so your support, patience and understanding when booking with or travelling with Escape is genuinely appreciated. Thanks again and let’s stay safe out there
Affordable campervans for hire in New Zealand
Escape Rentals is one of New Zealand’s favourite campervan hire companies. We’ve been operating for nearly twenty years and over 30,000 happy hires.
Escape provides reliable, cheap campervan rental vehicles for backpackers and independent travellers. Each of our campervans accommodates up to 3 adults and are fully equipped with free bedding, beach chairs, kitchen facilities/utensils and more.
We’re a popular choice for international backpackers, so ‘Make your Escape’ and choose Escape Rentals for your New Zealand road trip adventure.
8 Great Reasons to Choose Escape
Great Escapes and Great Artists at Work
New Zealand is the perfect destination for a self-drive holiday. Drive for a few hours and you’ll go from cosmopolitan cities to golden sandy beaches. From lush rainforests to rugged mountain ranges. It’s all about the journey in NZ.
Cath and John’s Great Escape!
Cath and John escaped with us in 2013 and sent us this brilliant video of their epic North Island road trip. Love your work guys!
Jan and Gert Go South!
Jan and Gert also travelled the South Island with Escape and captured their trip wonderfully within the video above.
Beware! Artist at Work!
And speaking of brilliant videos, check out the two-minute time-lapse video of one of our favourite artists at work.